Monday, March 05, 2007

Let's play ball!

Well it is that time of year again. The boys of summer are back and spring training is in full swing. The approaching season of baseball brings daily games and the ritual box score reading in the evening before bed and mornings before work. It also means the grass around the house will become thick and lush and will require weekly mowing once again. Something I do not necessarily relish.

So before the season begins it is time for my NL West predictions. For some reason I did not post them last year but I did find my predictions for 2005. For those that don't remember you can view them for yourself in the archives.

In summary here were my 2005 NL West predictions.
  1. San Diego
  2. Arizona
  3. Giants
  4. Los Angeles
  5. Colorado
So how did I do come the end of the season you say? Results from baseballreference.com

West Division
Team W L WL% GB
SanDiego SDP 82 80 .506 --
Arizona ARI 77 85 .475 5.0
SanFranc SFG 75 87 .463 7.0
LosAngls LAD 71 91 .438 11.0
Colorado COL 67 95 .414 15.0

A perfect match! I like to think I know the NL West well I only wish I had made predictions last year. Nothing is more important that reproducibility! Now that I have proven my greatness, for the time being, I invite you come back soon as I plan to post my 2007 picks shortly. You might want to take these babies to Vegas I'm so money!

3 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my boy!!Remind me to have you pick my lotto #'s:)

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Jeff, Shino, Saya, and Meisa Neima said...

I bet you the Rockies will finish above .500 this year.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Martin's said...

Padres
Giants
Dodgers
Diamondbacks
Rockies


Other predictions: 1) Padres will win at least one playoff series. 2) Boch and Bonds will fist fight due to consistent unintentional headbutts in the dugout. 3) Gonzales will become one of the premier overall players in the league 4) K. Green will advance his staus in the Baha'i faith and continue is goal of looking exactly like Spicoli.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home