Bochy
So I wrote these thoughts down back at the end of October of last year after former Padre skipper Bruce Bochy left San Diego for the hated Giatns. For some reason I did not post them until now.
With the baseball season quickly approaching I'm beginning to become very excited. As this will be the first oppurtunity for Ellen to attend her first major league baseball game!!!
- Change is good and it has been awhile since the Pads had a new manager. I believe the role of a manager can be a little overrated at times and I fully expect the Pads to continue winning in the seasons to come with someone else at the helm.
- The qualities that made Boch a good manager were also the ones that drove me crazy at times. His ability to provide clearly defined roles for players gave those players a since of purpose and often times is what is needed to make people successful. However it was those same defined roles/plans that made his so predictable that it really became a tired act. I got sick of the right/lefty match ups and at times really would have liked to see Bruce go against the grain (Bellhorn's at bat with the bases loaded against the Cardinals... WTF??).
- My biggest fear is that the Boch might take free agents like Dave Roberts and Mike Piazza with him to SF. San Diego has a core of good young players to build on if they do not extend Roberts and Piazza contracts. These veteran players might not come back and I could live with that, but seeing them in Giant uniforms would be a unfortunate!
- We need a well respected baseball man to take his place. Running some guy out there with little to none managerial experience could send the wrong message to the players. We also need someone with the SoCal vibe not some drill sargent!
- Boch is French!
- Lastly, the Giants have a guy in Boch whose size of his melon rivals that of Barry's. Only difference is Boch fills his with chicklets and carne asada while Barry's is purely hGH. Good luck getting that good asada in NoCal frenchy!


1 Comments:
I agree about mixing things up. The Pads have had the talent to advance in the playoffs for several years but just deteriorate in the the first round. Even though they have less talent this year in my opinion, maybe Bud will bring a spark that wasn't there in past years. Couldn't hurt. If nothing else, it's gonna be fun to watch Maddox pitch more often. Boch and Bonds are gonna look like two bobble heads in the SF dugout.
Post a Comment
<< Home