Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Notification of Ellen's Birth

Hello Everyone!! I have thinking about the best way to notify as many people as quickly as possible when Ellen makes her grand entrance into this world. What I have decided to do is employ a two tiered approach. As soon as Ellen arrives, or shortly there after, a text message will go out from my cell phone with the pertinent information. This message will post directly to Ellen's blog, Ellen's World, for all those to see. If this is still not notice enough you can subscribe to Ellen's Google Group which will notify it's members via email when this post is made. You will also be notified of any and all postings made to Ellen's World just to warn you. Unfortunately I probably won't have a picture of Ellen to share until several hours later unless people are willing to purchase a camera phone for me.

This world of technology is amazing, I wish I had a log of my life including photos in the format of a website to browse through. Instead I have a shoebox and few photo albumns my parents pull out every now and then along with old stories. Oh and I almost forgot, the hours and hours of film on Super-8 that still needs to transferred to DVD or VHS. It's a different world!

3 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Martin's said...

You should also employ a third tier approach using a bullhorn. Looking forward to getting the news of Ellen's arrival from whichever method!!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Jeff, Shino, Saya, and Meisa Neima said...

Better idea... at home birth with a web cam.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Brian said...

Don't think Kathleen would go for that one Jeff.

I'm sure there will be several calls made but I figured this would be an easy way to update family and friends on progress from the hospital without having to make several phone calls. Hopefully for Kathleen's sake and mine, the labor is a fairly quick process and there won't be a need to send several updates via text message.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home