Thursday, September 14, 2006

NL West Showdown

Here we go! I had a feeling it was going to come down to this 4-game series in LA starting Friday evening. The Padres are a half game behind the Dodgers and both are even at 69 losses. The series begins with Wells facing Maddux which will probably ultimately determine who made the best late season acquistion. The series then ends on Monday evening with both aces of the staff, Peavy and Penny, battling it out. The Padres have dominated the Dodgers this season (11-3) and I expect more of the same in this final series. While a sweep would be nice I predict the Padres taking 3 out 4 and control of the NL West when its all said and done. Here are my predictions.

Game 1 Wells/Maddux Padres 7-4
Game 2 Williams/Billingsley Padres 3-2
Game 3 Young/Lowe Dodgers 6-5 (extra innings)
Game 4 Peavy/Penny Padres 9-2

Think you might know better than me? Lets hear it! GO PADS!!

11 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger Martin's said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Jeff, Shino, Saya, and Meisa Neima said...

69!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Greg! Whats with the split? and loss to Maddux? I like the Pads chances this evening. I don't think Maddux makes it out of the 5 inning.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Jeff, Shino, Saya, and Meisa Neima said...

Game 1 Wells/Maddux Padres 5-2
Game 2 Williams/Billingsley Padres 7-4
Game 3 Young/Lowe Dodgers 2-1
Game 4 Peavy/Penny Padres 9-8

4 game sweep of the Dodgers. Dodgers are going to go on one of their classic losing streaks.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Jeff, Shino, Saya, and Meisa Neima said...

And... Hoffman will get 2-3 more saves in the process.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Martin's said...

Pads take games 2,3, and 4, thereby taking the series. Of course, I hope I'm wrong about tonight's game, but Maddux is simply a better pitcher. Giles tends to have his number, so hopefully things go the Pads way. Regardless, based on how good the Pads have been playing recently, I have no doubt they will win the west.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Martin's said...

had to re-write the comment, not because I'm changing my mind, just to clarify my position, b/c this is after all, an important thing.

"Game 1 Wells/Maddux Dodgers win 2-3
Game 2 Williams/Billingsley Padres win 4-1
Game 3 Young/Lowe Padres win 7-2
Game 4 Peavy/Penny Padres win 5-3

San Diego will take games 2-4 but will lose against Maddux tomorrow. End result will be the Pads emerging the leader in the NL west

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Mr. Tom said...

I don't have a picture to go along with this, but let's have a Dodger fans perspective.
Although I would love to predict a dodger sweep, the Padres seem to simply be a better team. And since the Dodgers have won only three times against the friars (one of which I was in attendance) and since I don't have tickets to any of these games......

How about dodgers tonight - 4-2
Padres tomorrow - 5-4 Hoffie save
Dodgers Sunday - 19-18, 24 innings, Nomar gets the win in relief
Mondays game cancelled due to a freak snow storm in LA, to be made up only if neccessary October 2nd, but the dodgers win the division October 1st aga9inst the hated Giants, Padres win the wild card the same day as Trevor records his record save for most all time.

PLAYOFFS
Dodgers beat the depleted Cardinals in four games.
Padres beat the over rated Mets in five, and as Trevor seals the deal in the fifth game, getting the win, holding the Mets sscoreless for the final eight innings of a fourteen inning game, his arm explodes into several bloddy pieces and he is forced to retire. Wells eats one too many hot dogs and his colon explodes ala the Babe, and the rest of the team goes limp and somber
NLCS, Dodgers win in seven, losing games 4 and 5 and 6 on purpose, sending Nomar to the mound all three nights just for fun, after his victory back in September - and in game seven Brad Penny gets the monkey off his underacheiving back and throws a perfect game. Chavez Ravine explodes with excitement, and a fire after the game forces the teeam to build a new stadium closer to my house and away from the gang banging fucks who mess it all up.

Done and done.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Martin's said...

well done mr. hyatt except Padres win everything!!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Jeff, Shino, Saya, and Meisa Neima said...

Game 4: Disgusting.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Martin's said...

Next...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home