The Ranger
Well I took the truck for smog at lunch today and unfortunately it was unable to be tested because the muffler had more holes in it than swiss cheese. I had them insert the probe into one of the holes to test but there were just too many that the emissions were so dilute that they couldn't take a reading. I even tried to persaude them to drill a hole upstream of the muffler to test but they were not down with that. (wussies) I should mention that we were drawing a schematic of the exhauast system on the side of the car. Anytime you can use your finger to do this that is a sign your car is heading down the path of no return. So regretably I must have the muffler replaced which come to find out will cost $85 which doesn't seem too horrible. I knew the muffler was on its way out by the rather unusually loud noise the exhuast had been making over time. I just hope that throwing this initial minimal amount of money at the problem will not lead to things to come and substanial drain on the wallet. Which it most likely will if history tells us anything. On the positive side the Ranger may once again run as quiet as a sleeping baby. Ah yes, and if I close my eyes I can just picture the good ol days when the she was in the prime of her life..... seems so long ago. Anything to avoid a car payment I guess.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home